COVID-19 Resources for Healthcare Workers
Here is a list of all our resources for healthcare workers dealing with COVID-19 in their daily lives.
Check us out on Facebook for daily emotional well-being content.
The Reach for Resilience team composed this guide after synthesizing available information and research on supporting employees (including healthcare workers) through the COVID-19 pandemic and general mental health concerns in the workplace.
Incorporating Mindfulness in Meetings
Reach for Resilience: Addressing Healthcare Worker Mental Health
Jon Ulven, PhD, LP and Stephanie Schafer MEd, LPCC, NCC
This lecture discussed the research on the effects of COVID-19 on healthcare worker mental health, building resiliency within healthcare organizations, interventions to aid healthcare workers’s emotional health, and information on the Reach for Resilience program.
Culture Change: Fostering a Resilient Workplace
Reach for Resilience hosted a virtual conference on June 2, 2021.
This event was provided in joint partnership between Sanford Health, Sanford Research, and North Dakota Department of Human Services Behavioral Health Division.
The purpose of this event was to equip and enhance the skillset of healthcare leaders
in addressing their employee’s mental well-being and burnout.
Stephanie Schafer MEd, LPCC, NCC: Pandemic Mental Health in the Workplace: How it presents and how to talk about it
Jenn Faul, LCSW: Strength Together Through and After the Storm: A group resiliency guide to calmer days
Jon Ulven, PhD, LP: Forget willpower and self-control! How we actually form new habits to improve workplaces and lives
Monica Riopelle, LMSW: Why it’s easier to succeed with mindfulness than you might think
Incorporating Mindfulness in Meetings
"I liked using mindfulness as a positive end to the session."
"I do want to say I appreciate the buddy system."
"Great visualization to the strength in numbers and the weakness of isolation using the redwood [forest example]."
Professional Help Resources
Connect with Others Dealing with COVID-19 in the F-M Area
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for any adult who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by trained leaders who’ve been there.
- Managing Healthcare Workers’ Stress Associated with the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak
- 6 Simple Steps for Self-Compassion During COVID-19
- Nourishing Your Mind and Body: Manage Stress for Better Health
- Staying Resilient During COVID-19
- Self Help – Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Anxiety self-help guide
- 4 Self-Care Tips for How to Deal with Anxiety
- Self Help for Anxiety
Anxiety Resources for Parents
I Know Someone in Crisis Resources
- 9 Tell-tale Signs of Employee Burnout
- Clinician Wellness: Building Resiliency in the Primary Care Home Team (Webinar: 60min)
- This site also has handouts and exercises for resilience and burnout prevention.
- Sleep Tools & Tips
- Healthy Sleep Tips
- Sleep Hygiene
- Relaxation Exercises for Falling Asleep
- Shift Work – Treatment
- Shift Work Sleep Tips
- Therapy for Sleep Disorders
- Self-Care Options for Insomnia
- Insomnia treatment: Cognitive behavioral therapy instead of sleeping pills
- Tools and Tricks to Calm Your Anxiety and (Finally) Get Some Sleep
Substance Use Resources
- Online Group AA Meetings
- Virtual NA Meetings Online & by Phone
- Rethinking Drinking
- Alcohol poses different challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Recovery Talk
- Do You Know The Signs Of Addiction?
- Alcohol and Substance Use
- Learn More F5 Project
- Substance use during the Pandemic
- Addiction, Substance use and Recovery during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Recognize a Substance Use Disorder
Someone Died in My Care
- Anticipatory Grief
- Collective Vulnerability during COVID-19 (3 min)
- Loss and Grief During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Webinar from Columbia Univesity School of Social Work with strategies for processing grief and loss (38 min).
- Grief and Loss in the Workplace During COVID-19
- A guide to supporting others through grief
- Bereavement & Grief
- 5 Coping Skills to Work through Grief
- Coping with Ambiguous Loss
- “Ambiguous loss is an uncertain loss without clear boundaries or resolution.”
General Self-Help Resources
Disclaimer: Reach for Resilience does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed on the web site. This web site provides links to other internet sites only for the convenience of World Wide Web users. Reach for Resilience is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does Reach for Resilience endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered at these other internet sites.